Friday, September 16, 2011

Three Intense Poems

"Scheherezade" by Richard Siken

"History of Desire" by Tony Hoagland

"The Farewell" by Edward Field

The three poems I have chosen struck me as being very intense. The ideas, sometimes surrealism, that emerged in these poems startled me. The intense passion within the poem, "Scheheresade." depected a lovely seen between two people. The symbolism of common objects made me smile. Two couples just talking and hoping their passion will never fade. The poem, "History of Desire," just seemed to hit life right on the head. It was describing nostalgia, but also how some people are just so afraid of that and of the past. Why? The past can't hurt us, why not remember it?? All the good times really did make you who you are today. Lastly, "The Farewell," just right out and out SCARED me. That poem was so intensely creepy. ...just to "slip away" as the ice froze back over you. Eerie. Couldn't really forget that one. I may copy it into my Moleskein.

No comments:

Post a Comment