Friday, September 30, 2011

All Grown UP!

I read this book as a favor to my mom. I have a little brother who is getting to that time in his life. That time, you know? And she has been really busy with her genealogy, not to mention, she doesn't really know what we learn and what we don't learn in sex education anymore. It's been a few years since she has been sitting in a class learning about this stttuuuufff....actually never, she told me. Sex education wasn't done at Homestead High School or Woodside Middle School in the seventies and early eighties. Shh...don't tell anyone her age:). Or just don't do the math and find out:). SO! Back on topic, I started reading this book for my mom. She wanted me to read it because she wanted to know if it would be alright for Brent to read. It was really all about growing up, not just sex and suchh. It talked about growth spurts and anatomy and acne and friends. It really did cover everything.
             
Although, I don't know how I feel about my brother getting so big! He's an eighth grader now! WOAH. When did THAT happen? I really don't know. I've been at home and watching him grow...hearing his voice start to crack...oh, how did I miss this? Maybe it was just to gradual to notice. I don't know if it's time for my little brother. Maybe I'm baised. He probably knows too much about all the things he shouldn't just because of school, movies, and books.

It's the society we live in. How can we keep our innocence when the whole world is bent against it? I have sheltered my brother for as long as I can...maybe it's time to gradually start letting him see the world...is it time? Oh...how can anyone tell if it is time...

No comments:

Post a Comment