Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hit the Road.

So, I've had a little free time today and was able to pick up a new novel. I started reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac. In the first thirty pages, he has described the riveting world of hitch-hiking. Now I'm beginning to wonder why this fad faded. Really? Kerouac makes it seem as if the most enthusiastic people saw America in the back of trucks, on the rails, and in strangers cars.  On the Road kinda makes me want to hit the road running and find a place all of my own. I know that I'm young and now, if any time, is the time to feel like now is the time to go. Ah, but socially times have changed and to make it across America, I must now ride another way. But to live in the 50's where one could defy intense conformity....I feel like my mind is     r      a     m    b   l   i  n g.... However, I must now return to my lifestyle and finish the homework I have been assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment