Thursday, August 25, 2011

Deeper

I am now deeper into the novel Columbine by Dave Cullen. I can't even tell if it is fiction or non-fiction! Is that good or bad? Dave Cullen writes so emotionless...it's so eerie. Dave Cullen knew the material he was writing about would be haunting so he didn't find the need to embellish. I'm glad. Although, I'm halfway through this novel and still curious about the killer's intentions. What were Eric and Dylan really thinking that day when they turned guns on their friends? For Eric, it was a methodical. He had planned this killing. He was an angry teenager with an agenda. But what about Dylan, Eric's follower? Why did he go along with such a plan? How could he let this happen? How could friends and family let this happen? They saw the signs...but nothing ever happened. I'd like to think something like that could not happen now with all our precautions. But it could! Ah...The future is just something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment