Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

This week I read:

Columbine by Dave Cullen
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Total Pages Read This Week: 211 pages
Total Pages Read This Semester: 211 pages

Sentences of the Week:

1. And so on to infinity.
          Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

2. He saw beauty in the void.
          Columbine by Dave Cullen

3. I was carrying a bottle of Irish whiskey like a dinner bell.
          Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Kurt Vonnegut made me laugh this week. I really only read 22 pages of his book, but some of his lines were just so great!! Number 1 just made me think a little. I just like it. It's just one of those feelings. Number two is talking about Eric, one of the Columbine shooters. As Eric was growing up, he saw beauty in the destruction of everything. I think Dave Cullen described this so beautifully. Lastly, number three just made me laugh. :) It also paints quite a picture in your mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment